We found an article on the Health News Library website about yogurt and its 7 benefits for better health, which are:
- Better Immunity
- Calcium Absorption
- Fewer Yeast Infections
- Digestive Regularity
- Food Allergies
- Asthma Prevention
- Reducing Inflammation
To read the article in its entirety, link here to the Health News Library “7 Health Benefits of Yogurt”.
For the featured recipe, here is what you will need:
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
Zest of 1 lemon
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 Tb. lemon juice, divided
8 oz. plain, Greek yogurt
12 oz. fresh strawberries, diced
1 cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 325 degrees ; grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan (10-15 cup pan).
- Sift together the 2 ¼ cups of flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix in the lemon zest and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in 1 tbsp. lemon juice.
- Alternate beating in the yogurt and flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated.
Toss the strawberries with the remaining ¼ cup of flour. Gently mix them into the batter. Pour the batter into the Bundt pan. Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Allow to cool 20 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Place cake onto a large dessert platter once cooled. Whisk together the remaining 2 tbsp. of lemon juice and the powdered sugar. Drizzle over the top of the cake. Plate and serve.
What Others are Saying About Yogurt and Cake: